What we thought was a flimsy reed, revealed itself as the Mighty hand of GOD

Wednesday, April 14, 2004

Welcome to Recovery Notes. If you think you might have a problem with alcohol, or if you are sure of it, then you are welcome here. I will not try to help you to control and enjoy your drinking here, but if you want to be free and happy, I may be able to help. It was a long hard road of discovery for me before I realized...I will never be able to drink like other people. It took absolute defeat after absolute defeat before I had a moment of clarity coupled with the fellowship of Alcoholics Anonymous to guide me to a loving God who could restore me to some semblance of sanity. I have a consciousness that makes me aware of a few certain truths, most prominate of these is that I piss it all away with but a shot of whiskey or a cool beer. I have used up my right to chemical recreation, peace of mind, experimentation, enlightenment, escape and social sipping. I am ok with that, in fact it is a relief to know that I am finally going away from my last drink rather than toward it. There is some serenity in not looking for the perfect situation which prescribes a chemical solution. I have found a new freedom and a new happiness. These are not my words alone but there is no better explanation. I use my own words and I share the words and ideas of millions of men and women like me who have found a solution not only to the drink problem, but a way to live life on lifes terms. To live life as it is and not only as I think it should be. S.O.B.E.R. = Son Of a Bitch Everything's Real ! And a drink wont fix nothin.

If you want to post to this blog send me an email with "Recovery Notes Blog Team" in the subject line; to www.gr8fuldaniel@yahoo.com . I have a Yahoo group you can check out too.
I cant stay sober alone and maybe together we can help a few others to stay sober "Just for Today".
24 hours is what we are granted and with Gods help we dont have to screw that up with a drink.

I will keep you posted.

No comments: